• The classic focal lenght
Performance beyond expectations condensed into a small body.
The SIGMA 50mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary features high optical performance with a bright F2 aperture, that creates expressive images with a shallow depth of field and beautiful bokeh effects. With its compact size, this popular classic focal length is perfect for portraits, street and everyday photography. The lens has been designed to be used over a long period of time. Using that same technology that SIGMA used to create the SIGMA CINE lens range, the 50mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary uses an all-metal construct that is robust and provides a premium feel.
All these elements combine to create an exceptionally versatile lens that can be used in a variety of creative ways to create images in outstanding definition. Perfectly suited to new photographers looking to take the next step, professionals who require reliable lenses and photographers who prefer smaller full-frame lenses that offer the best optical quality.
SIGMA I series lenses are developed around the concept of “Compact everyday lenses with outstanding image quality” and the SIGMA 50mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary is exactly that. It features high-quality optics in a compact size, perfect for a wide variety of photographic styles.
The conflicting ideals of improving optical performance while reducing body size and weight are achieved through the latest optical design, and the processing and production technologies at SIGMA's only production facility in Aizu.
The 50mm focal length is mostly known for portrait photography, so careful consideration was taken when designing the lens, focusing on the smoothness of the bokeh created by the F2 aperture. Its optical design gives smooth transitions from in-focus to out-of-focus areas, and helps minimize flare and ghosting caused by backlit environments. The quiet stepping motor provides quick, reliable autofocusing for both stills and video.
Exceptional I series build quality with a compact form-factor
All I series lenses have an all-metal construction. The precision-cut aluminum parts not only give the barrel a sleek, stylish finish, but provide superb durability that improves the quality of the entire product. Metal materials are also used in internal structures that slide with the operation ring for added robustness. These high-precision components crafted with SIGMA’s cutting-edge metalworking technology are also used in SIGMA’s CINE LENS line-up for professional cinematographers and provide a tactile, ergonomic feel that make the lens a pleasure to use. What is more with the I series is that this high build quality is condensed into a palm-sized lens body.
A smooth hairline cover ring is used between the focus and aperture rings to act as a finger hold when attaching and detaching the lens.
● Lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups (1 SLD, 3 aspherical elements)
● Inner focus system
● Compatible with high-speed autofocus
● Stepping motor
● Compatible with Lens Aberration Correction*
* Function available on supported cameras only. Available corrections and auto correction functionality may vary depending on the camera model.
* On cameras where lens aberration correction is controlled with ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’ in the camera menu, please set all aberration correction functions to ‘ON’ (AUTO).
● Support for DMF, AF + MF
● Compatible with AF assist (Sony E-mount only)
● Super Multi-Layer Coating
● Aperture ring
● Focus Mode switch
● Hood (LH633-01)
● Magnetic metal lens cap (LCF58-01M)
● Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
● Support for switching between linear and non-linear focus ring setting*
*For L-Mount only
● Compatible with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11*
* Sold separately / for L-Mount only
● Designed to minimize flare and ghosting
● Every single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
● 9-blade rounded diaphragm
● High-precision, durable brass bayonet mount
● “Made in Japan” craftsmanship
To learn more about SIGMA's craftsmanship, visit the Global SIGMA website at:
|Construction||11 elements in 9 groups (1 SLD and 3 aspherical lenses)|
|Sensor Size||Full Frame|
|Angle of view||46.8°|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm)|
|Minimum focusing distance||45cm|
|Maximum magnification ratio||1:6.8|
|Dimensions (diameter x length)|
φ70mm × 70mm
|Supplied Accessories||Lens hood LH633-01, Magnetic Front Cap LCF58-01M, Front Cap LCF-58 Ⅲ, Rear Cap LCR|
|Accessories||USB Dock UD-11 (L-mount), SIGMA WR PROTECTOR 58mm, SIGMA WR UV FILTER 58mm, SIGMA WR CIRCULAR PL FILTER 58mm|