Thank you for purchasing and using our products.
We would like to announce that a new firmware update is now available for the SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary for Sony E-mount.
It has been found that the lens firmware cannot be updated from Ver.01 to Ver.02 by the end-user via the camera. Therefore, SIGMA will update the lens firmware free of charge.
• SIGMA 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary for Sony E-mount with firmware Ver.01
How to check the current firmware version
Please check the version from camera menu.
If the lens version is firmware Ver.01 it is necessary to update to the new firmware version.
Benefits of the update
• It has improved the phenomenon whereby the lens’s optical stabilizer effect differs depending on the shutter type and drive mode used.
• It has corrected the phenomenon whereby the lens firmware cannot be updated via the camera.
Treatment for this issue
For customers who use the target product with the affected firmware version, SIGMA will update to lens firmware to Ver.02 free of charge*.
* Customers cannot update to lens firmware Ver.02 by themselves. After the lens has been updated to Ver.02 by SIGMA, the user can then update all future lens firmware via the camera.
If you have any questions, please contact our customer service department: email@example.com
We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your continued support for our company and products.
*See below info on how to get the update done
Process for sending the specific product for update
Customers who request this update service should prepare a box that is a size larger than the product (so there is no damage during transportation), wrap the lens in packing material such as bubble wrap, and then fill the remaining space in the box with cushioning material (air plastic packaging material or rolled newspaper). If you still have the original lens box please use it but put the original box in an outer box with packaging material around as well.
Then go to our website and register a Service Request.
We will then send you, the customer, a shipping label to put on the box.
• Precautions when packing, pack the product very well.
• Please ship only the lens body, front and rear cap.
• Please include a note inside the box with your details: zip code / address / name / phone number / email address.
• Important: Do not forget to register a Service Case and use our shipping label that we will send via e-mail.
Contact for inquiries regarding this update
Customer Service, SIGMA Imaging Nordic AB